Thursday 28 April 2011

Evaluation Question 6











What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?





We decided to hire out a camera (Sony PD170) for our production for improved quality. As we took turns filming scenes, we all learnt many features of the camera, and introduced them to our film. We taught each other how to use different features and gave each other advice to improve the clips. Features we learnt to use include various lenses (including wide-angle) , camera lighting and manual focussing, which is featured several times in our intro. As I was editor in the group, I also got to further my understanding of the editing software, Sony Vegas, and Adobe Aftereffects, I already had experience using Sony Vegas before however Adobe Aftereffects was new to me. I used Sony Vegas to edit the majority of the film and then Adobe Aftereffects was used to enhance the film and fix errors that were made during filming. I learnt how to transfer media quickly between the camera and computer, and found problems which I overcame along the way, I have discovered many restraints and also many opportunities that various technologies can provide me with.

As a group, we also spent time blogging our progress throughout this year and during filming, I personally am now comfortable with the features and I now know more about online blogging facilities than I did before. I have personalised my blog with a custom banner and customised my own colour scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment